The SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) is the next step in the Scrum Master’s learning journey.
The SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification course is especially designed for the current Scrum Masters to take up leadership roles in facilitating Agile teams, programs, and enterprise success in a SAFe implementation. The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of the program execution and relentless improvement.
It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices; the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value; and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts. The course offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
The SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master workshop is a two day workshop which prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM).
The topics covered in our 2 days classroom training workshop are as follows:
- SAFe framework, values, and Lean-Agile principles
- Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Program increment planning, execution, and Inspect and Adapt workshops
- Quality engineering, Agile architecture, and DevOps practices
- Kanban for facilitating team and program flow of work
- Building high-performing teams
- Interaction with the system team, deployment, UX, architects, product owners, product management, and business owners
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others who have assumed the role of an Agile team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers who will be responsible for Agile execution and for coaching teams and teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile program managers and prospective Release Train Engineers
- Learning and Communities of Practice
Attendees of the SAFe SASM course are strongly suggested to have one of the following certificates: SAFe Scrum Master (SSM), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), or Professional Scrum Master (PSM).
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification
- SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- A SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certificate
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Advanced Scrum Master
- A SAFe Advanced Scrum Master branding kit with the SASM certification mark
What You Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbooks
- Online course feedback survey
- Eligibility to take the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master exam with certification exam administration and scoring
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) attendance certificate upon request
Renewals are yearly from the date of certification:
- Renewal fee: $100
- Renewal requirement: 10 continuing education/outreach hours
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 Continuing Education – Strategic PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance
Mr. Hazurasingh Siviya, is a leading Agilist and a Practice Head for a $3.0 Billion Dollar business, an American global information technology company, based in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, that provides a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology. He has over 25 years of experience in Software Development and comes from the prestigious IIM – Indian Institute of Management.
You can check his excellent profile on Linkedin at following address: