Agile Manifesto’s 3rd principle states “Customer Collaboration over Contract Negotiation”. Agile project management delivery models require supporting financial models that fund MVP, learn from that and provide an ability to pivot if needed. Generally, 20 weeks funding is the recommended max funding. How do we ensure the right product is being built and at the same time maintain Agile values of Openness, Respect and Commitment?
Traditional funding models have a staggering 70% failure rate. Agile Project Managers are finding short comings in existing financial models such as Fixed Bid, Time & Materials (T&M), and CostPlus Contracts. The existing models do not meet the needs of Agile Projects. In this talk we will look at newer improved financial frameworks such as Lean budgets, Program Increment (PI) based project funding and Lean Startup funding that reduce risk and that work in tandem with Agile Project Management.
- Learn about agile Contracts
- Learn about lean startup and how to fund the MVP and create contracts around it
- How to fund only important features and learn from that experience as we go along
- How to create collaborative contracts and avoid long term contracts
- How to share risks and rewards between suppliers and customers using collaborative contracts
- 0.75 – Category A [Business & Strategic Management]
- 0.75 – Category A [Leadership]
- 6:00-6:30 PM – Sign In and Networking
- 6:30-7:30 PM – Featured Speaker
- 7:30-8:00 PM: Q&A and Wrap-up
- 8:00 PM – Meeting Adjourn
Food: Complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic beverages
About the Instructor:
Dr. Sam Swapn, CEO Strategism, ACP, PMP, SAFe Certified SPC4, PMI-PBA, Enterprise Agile Coach, Mentor, Guide and Speaker on Agile. Dr. Sam has more than 25 years of experience in IT and the Software Industry.
He has trained thousands of professionals in Project Management and in Agile. He has been actively involved in Agile Transformations with Fortune 500 companies from project start to finish.
Dr. Sam has a Doctorate Degree from Golden Gate University in San Francisco. He has spoken in many conferences including Agile Alliance, PMI Symposium and his articles have been published in Forbes.
- Online Registration
- PMI Silicon Valley Members: $10
- Non-Members: $20
- Full-time Student: $5 (online only; contact Meeting Leader for the discount code. Please bring Student ID card to the event)
- Veterans: Free (online only; contact Meeting Leader for the discount code. Please bring appropriate ID card to the event)
- At-the-Door Registration
- A limited number of registrations can be accepted at the door on a first-come, first-served basis. Once this limit has been reached, the event will be closed to additional attendees.
- PMI Silicon Valley Members: $20
- Non-Members: $30
- (Only Check or Cash accepted; make checks payable to “PMI Silicon Valley”)