BACKGROUND & MOTIVATION
There is an increasing buzz surrounding terms like blockchain, bitcoin, cryptocurrencies, Ethereum, Hyperledger, etc. With several billion dollars in venture capital invested in digital currency-related startups over the last several years and an even greater amount raised via ICOs (Initial Coin Offerings), bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies/tokens have become a fast-growing emerging technology. Open source blockchain projects such as Linux Foundation’s Hyperledger and the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance are gaining increased attention in industry. Industry consortia have been formed to leverage blockchain technology in various verticals, including banking, finance, healthcare, supply chain, and real estate to name just a few.
It is widely acknowledged that a distributed (synonymously, decentralized) ledger technology that blockchains provide will improve our ability to make and receive payments, increase transparency in government and financial markets, and increase the interoperability of our personal data like medical or educational records while also increasing our ability to control who has access to them. While some argue that digital currencies like Bitcoin are fundamentally flawed and will never achieve the widespread adoption that more centralized infrastructures currently enjoy, it is important to distinguish between blockchain technologies and cryptocurrency applications.
The goal of this course is to help you make decisions that are appropriate for you/your enterprise by enabling you to understand and work with blockchain technology.
The target audience for this course includes:
- Executives looking to better understand Blockchain technology and the opportunities that are emerging so as to connect corporate strategy to technology .
- Technologists and Entrepreneurs wanting to understand and explore the Blockchain ecosystem.
- Consultants and Professional Service Providers.
- Students and programmers eager to understand the new frontiers enabled by Blockchain and/or explore opportunities in this field.
There are no pre-requisites required for taking the course, except for a curiosity about blockchains and their impact on you and the world. A knowledge of systems and programming will enable you to participate in hackathons.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN FROM THIS COURSE…
Course modules will enable you to
- Understand how blockchain technology is relevant for you and your enterprise business strategy.
- Build a strong foundation in blockchain technology: what it does, what the different components and potential variants are; and how it is evolving.
- Identify which aspects of blockchain technology are most important and relevant to you.
In addition, working sessions are targeted at enabling you to:
- Articulate the industry potential of blockchain technology and use cases specific to your enterprise.
- Set a strategy to prepare your business or your clients for the emerging “decentralized economy”
- Define projects that can best leverage blockchain technology and open source efforts such as Hyperledger in contexts of high value to your enterprise.
- Lectures 14
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Self